A few more recipes by Chef Atu Kochhar.This time they are al veggie and sounds simple.
Keerai Poriyal(stir-fried spinach)
- 500 gms spinach leaves
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp balck mustard seeds
- ½ tsp black gram 6 cloves garlic
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut
- Salt to taste
- Clean and set aside the spinach leaves
- Heat oil in a kadhai and sauté the mustard , black gram, garlic , red chillies till they crackle.
- Add the onions and sauté.
- Then add the spinach and some salt. Cook on a low flame til the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut and serve hot.
- 1 kg apples
- 200 gms sugar
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1.2 l milk
- 100 gms castor sugar
- A pinch of saffron infused in 1 tbsp of milk
- 1.4 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp rose water
- ¼ tbsp pistachio, chopped
- Mint sprig
- Peel, quarter and core apples , then cut them into wedges.
- Add the granulated sugar to 600ml of water.
- Heat gently till sugar dissolves.
- Add the apples, cinnamon to this and cook for 10 mins. Cool.
- Put the milk in another pan ,bring to a boil and reduce till milk is a quarter of its original volume.
- Add castor sugar, saffron, cardamom powder and apples. Stir well to the sugar dissolves.
- Take off the heat and stir in the rose water.
- Allow to cool and then chill in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled with pistachios sprinkled on top and a sprig of mint.