I learnt this recipe during one of the hobby classes I joined while in college. I like to make this mainly because its very easy and quick to make.
- 4 eggs
- 100 gms maida
- 100 gms sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Grease and line a 8″ cake tin.
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder together, three times.
- Break the eggs in a bowl. Add sugar and whisk over a pan of warm water till the mixture becomes thick and frothy and a definite trail is left when the whisk is removed.
- Fold the sieved flour a little at a time till all the flour is used us. Add the essence and mix well. Pour the mixture into the greased tin and bake at 170 Deg.C for around 20 minutes till the cake is well done and golden brown on top.
Note: This is a zero fat cake so one can make it more exciting by adding things to it. Pour custard over slices of the cake; get a tin of pineapple, cut cake into half, pour the pineapple syrup and pieces; or just spread a thick layer of your favourite jam between the layers of cake-there is a lot that you can do with this simple-to-make cake.