I was not going to do this. Neha warned me against it but here I am doing exactly what I was asked not to do. Neha is worried that my blog is turning into ‘yum’blog. There have been too many posts of food recipes recently. That’s quite a contradiction if you take into account the fact that I am a certified Non-Foodie. Anyway since I made this dish, I insist on putting it up on the blog. Sorry Neha!
(Note to self- Either don’t cook so often or resist the urge to put up whatever you cook on the blog.)
Broccoli and Rice Casserole
This is what you need:
- 1 ½ cup of white sauce
- ½ a cup of uncooked rice
- ½ a cup of coarsely cut broccoli
- ¼ cup bell pepper (both red and yellow if possible)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cheese cubes
- Salt to taste
This is what you do:
- Prepare the white sauce, add a grated cheese cube, mix well and keep aside.
- Make sure the consistency is not too thin.
- Boil the rice. Cool and keep aside.
- Lightly boil the broccoli.Finely chop the bell peppers and onion.
- Heat oil in pan. Throw in the chopped onion and stir fry. After about 7 minutes ad the bell peppers and cook for another five minutes.
- In a large vessel add the cooked rice, the fried onion and bell peppers, the boiled broccoli, pour over the white sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Take a baking dish and transfer this mix. Grate cheese on top and bake till the cheese melts.
You can add any other exciting vegetables that you may have. And you can do away with the cheese if you like!