There are some professions one can do and some that one can’t do. A certain situation in life made me realise that there are many professions I can’t ever engage in. Now that this life-altering realisation has struck, I’m listing them out. What brought on this realisation? And why am I doing something thats seemingly senseless? Read on and I will let you know in a short while.
- Model– even if I got paid a bomb, and going by the newspaper reports that exactly what I will be getting, I couldn’t do this job for a day. Preening isn’t my thing. Neither is dieting to get a size zero figure. Plus I’m highly deficient of patience. I wouldn’t have the patience to sit in a chair for hours on end to be made up/dressed up.
- Security guard– To me sleeping is fun. It is also a great way to de-stress when things get overwhelming. Being a security guard would require me to give up precious sleep. That I couldn’t do. My not being a “night person” would only be making the situation worse. Besides this is an extremely boring job.
- Driver– I like driving but free open roads and minimal traffic are what I like. I also like roads on which other drivers follow traffic rules. Considering the fact that in practically nowhere in India, do people have even the most basic traffic sense, I’d have serious problems if I took on this profession. If I had to do this job in good ol’ B’bay, the traffic conditions would surely give me a heart attack!
- Actor– read section on “model”
- Banker– Too boring. Too monotonous. Work hours that last too long. I suspect they do a lot with numbers and numbers and I don’t get along. Never have. Never will. In short not my cuppa tea.
- Air hostess– Every time I travel by air, I wonder how they do it. Smile and be so proper all the time. Not a hair outa place, not a word outa order. Could I do it? No. Could I do it if I tried really really hard? Naaaaaaaaaaah!
- Pre-primary teacher– read section on “model”. The bit about a complete lack of patience in my personality would prevent me from taking up this job. If I did take it up, the poor kids would suffer. And we don’t want that , do we?
List done. Now back to the “why the list” bit. A couple of days back, a colleague of mine (who, btw, takes pride in his abilities to tease me) and I were generally yapping about everything and nothing. Somewhere while meandering through a directionless conversation, he made a jab about how I never made it to the modelling industry with my “perfect” height. For those who don’t know me, I’d like to inform you that I am probably the most inappropriate person to put into the modelling field- to begin with I never make the cut-off for the height requirement. My maladjusted to the industry would only add to an already pathetic situation. The colleague was promptly told that height or no height, modelling just wasn’t the thing for me. The conversation got me thinking about what else I couldn’t do to make a living. That’s what brought on the list. And you thought that there was some great, big reason behind it? 😛