A theme post. This time on 10 things I’d like to do before I die. Just 10? I am sure if I get down to thinking I’ll have a much longer list. But we’ll leave that for another day. Let’s get started with 10 things that come to my mind instantly when I think of a bucket list.
- Find out the meaning of my life. This is a tough one, I know. And I am totally clueless about it, but I am keen on cracking this question. If I’ve been put on planet earth, there must be a reason for it. There’s got to be a meaning behind it all. If I could find that out, that would be amazing.
- Meet a true ascetic/yogi. At least once. I am very fascinated by them but I don’t know where one can find a genuine one. One who has found answers to questions such as those in point 1 above.
- To become a better person- more patient, more tolerant, more understanding, more compassionate, more humble, more determined, kinder.
- Travel- anywhere, everywhere, I am not fussy. 🙂 I am keen to see the unseen, non-touristy India. I am to cover at least 5 destinations in the East, West, North and South of the country. I am not overly kicked about travelling abroad. I think it would take me a lifetime to see my own country!
- Own a house and gather a sufficient savings to tide through life. This will happen only if I learn to manage money better, to save and invest in a disciplined fashion.
- Pick a social cause and make an actual contribution. Even if its small and no one even knows about it.
- Take good care of my parents. Keep them happy and make them proud of me.
- Have a family and do a bloody good job of caring for it.
- Be physically fit and mentally agile at all ages
- Own a dog and an aquarium. And may be a self-run bakery in the hills. The bakery is negotiable, the dog and aquarium are not.
After I wrote the list, I realise some of this stuff I’d like to get done within the next couple of years. Others get a longer time frame to get accomplished.And yes, when I do kick the bucket, I want people to remember me. Not because of the possessions I acquired or the corporate ladder I climbed but because of the polite words I spoke , the help I extended, the kindness and consideration is showed. That would be a life well lived.