Parents play such a large part in our lives that’s its practically impossible to not be influenced by them. We admire them, learn from them and in many cases, aspire to be like them. I think most of us end up being like them in one way or another, whether we consciously plan it or not- so great is the influence.
I love and admire my parents for a lot of things. I am putting it out on a list here. What comes straight to my mind, features here.
- Persistence. If she’s set her mind on it, she’ll persist till she gets it. Very ant-like 🙂
- The ability to smile through difficulties.
- Commitment. Of the highest order to her family, her job, her hobbies and her chosen path.
- Making the most of whatever resources, people, situations life sends her way.
- Putting others first. Caring for them. Being there for them. Making their lives easier, more comfortable and joyous.
- The insatiable desire to learn.
- The will and ability to stretch the mind and self beyond limits
- The ability to see the funny side of things.
- Honesty. Father=honesty.
- Hard-work .
- Saying a lot, with a little. Most people over-use, misuse or carelessly use them. Not the father. No one speaks in doses as perfectly measured as him. Quite an art, I think.
- Material detachment. Another area perfected. It’s coupled with generosity and that’s what makes it truly great.
- The ability to take on life’s challenges.
- Being there for the family.
- Finding happiness in the same and simple things of life.
- Expressing love in the smallest and cutest ways. Remember the “ugly” watch, the flourecent pink dress material, the chicken sandwiches in the tiffin, pa? All very sweet gestures.
- The ability to fix-it. All gadgets of all types will be restored to previous working conditions, only with a few screws missing. 🙂
What is it that you admire most about your parent/s?The comments space is all yours.